The Geomancer

9/17/07

Hey, I Can Write Too! Concatenation on Fast Forward 1

Here's a review of my anthology Fast Forward 1: Future Fiction from the Cutting Edgeon The Science Fact & Science Fiction Concatenation that doesn't talk about any of the stories. Instead, the reviewer Tony Chester says, "I hope you will forgive me for not going into the story contributions in great detail, partly because it would be a pain to come up with one or two line comments on 23 stories... but mainly because the 'hook' for me of this particular anthology is actually the introduction by Anders."

Tony then spends the bulk of his "review" talking about why science fiction is important and illustrating how to communicate this to the uninitiated with a personal example. I got to say, the point of the book is the fiction, so I'm glad there are plenty of reviews that concentrate on that (or even mention it), but, as an anthologist who puts a lot of work into my introductions and then wonders "Does anybody even read this?" the once-in-a-blue-moon review that favorably calls out the intro is much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment