The Geomancer

9/30/09

Muse's Resistance


I take this opportunity to direct your attention to a slightly gushy review (by the AR Project, over at Strange Horizons) of Muse's new, sciencefictional, proggish release. The Project loves it prog, and of course loves its science fiction, so is particularly pleased when the two coincide. And isn't the album's cover an appealing piece of work? The ocular 'O' of that colour-sample chart pierced by the filed-off, orange, pyramidic A, with its defiant tiny human passenger. Very striking. I'm not sure I understand what it is, exactly ('resistance', presumably) or why there are two shells of multicoloured hexagonals surrounding the earth. Nevertheless, UK readers of a certain age will understand what I mean when I say: 'I'll have an M, please, Bob...'

No comments:

Post a Comment